Herringbone Socks Pdf Knitting Pattern for download, digital on screen or you print a paper copy
Pdf Knitting Pattern for instant download - once downloaded you can print a paper copy on your home printer or in a copy shop - print it in color.
The pattern is written for 3 sizes - Small, Medium and Large
Small fits foot circumference 7"-8" (17,8 cm - 20,3 cm)
Medium fits foot circumference 8"-9" (20,3 cm - 22,9 cm)
Large fits foot circumference 9"-10" (22,9 cm - 25,4 cm)
Measure the foot circumference around the widest part of the foot, usually at the ball of the foot.
With the three foot circumference sizes you should be able to find a size that fits you. In each of the three sizes you can choose to make the length of the foot shorter or longer depending on who you are knitting for and their shoe size.
Example: I wear shoes US size 7.5 and my feet are narrow. The Small is a good fit for me. My friend, Maria, wears shoes US 8 and her feet are neither narrow nor wide. The Medium is a good fit for her.
I also worked up a size Medium for another friend who's feet are shorter than Maria's but wider than mine. The size Large is actually for a relatively large foot, it is roomy around the ankle to foot transition. My friend Liz is very happy with her size Large; they fit well both around the foot and the ankle.
Work this pattern in any fingering weight sock yarn, preferably a wool/nylon blend with at least 10% nylon for strength and durability of the socks.
I have worked this pattern in
- Froehlich Wolle, Special Blauband
- Malabrigo Yarn, Ultimate Sock
- Isager Yarn, Sock yarn
They are all wonderful sock yarns.
- Not sure how to find the Froehlich Wolle in The USA. It is a Swiss brand. It has been around since my mom taught me how to knit socks when I was a teen - a fantastic sock yarn, I highly recommend it.
- Malabrigo Yarn, Ultimate Sock is a family owned Peruvian brand of hand painted yarn - soft and dreamy, lustrous, easy to work with. I think the price is very good for a hand painted yarn of excellent quality. I highly recommend it.
- Isager Yarn is a Danish family owned brand that recently has added the Isager Sock Yarn to their line of yarn. It is made in Peru of 40% Alpacca, 40% Merino Wool, 20% recycled Nylon. Machine washable on cool cycle. I have enjoyed working with the yarn - the colors are beautiful muted colors. HIghly recommended.
Of course, you probably have a stash of sock yarn to choose from and that is great. Have in mind that the subtle texture of the Herringbone Pattern can easily be drowned out by many hand painted or self striping type yarns.
Knitted Cuff down with heel flap and heel gusset, grafted toe bind off.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.